news image overlap
How Do Americans Spend Their Time on Mobile Devices?

October 12, 2015 | Lucy Penn

How Do Americans Spend Their Time on Mobile Devices?

Data sourced [from Flurry Analytics] states that Americans spend, on average, 3 hours and 40 minutes using their mobile device per day in the past quarter. Of that total, it has been confirmed that they spend 90% of their time within apps and the remaining 10% using a mobile browser.

These statistics prove the significance of successful mobile and tablet apps to digital publishers, as users undoubtedly prefer using apps to mobile websites.

Find out how PageSuite can assist you within your digital projects, from Digital Editions and E-Papers to our diverse range of app solutions here. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss our products in further detail, please email or call 01233 721030 to speak to a specialist.

How Ameriacans Spend Their Time on Mobile Devices:

Q1 2013:
Apps – 80%
Mobile Browser – 20%
Time Spent /Day – 2hrs 38mins

Q2 2014:
Apps – 86%
Mobile Browser – 14%
Time Spent /Day – 2hrs 42mins

Q2 2015:
Apps – 90%
Mobile Browser – 10%
Time Spent /Day – 3hrs 40mins